Have you reached a stage in your business where you are looking to evolve and maybe pivot into a different direction? I know I have. Evolving in business is a natural step. But as you and your business grow and potentially slightly change direction, your messaging needs to grow, evolve and change with you.
Take me, for example. My business is also evolving. As I look at my schedule over the next few months, my main focus will be on supporting my existing clients, writing my (Brand Before Logo ™) book, and being the Brand and Messaging expert on a fantastic six-month Business Accelerator programme launching soon (The Mpower Business Accelerator – MBA) with my friends at Mpower for Mums in Business. Here’s a little teaser for you, but I’ll tell you more about it in a separate post.
So with a few busy months ahead, I am also looking re-focusing my offering. I’m looking to manage my time more carefully as I’ll be busy with the book and the MBA group programme. So my 121 time for the rest of the year will concentrate on mostly one-to-one mentoring and VIP one-day intensives, or Clarity Days. So this means I’ll be needing to evolve the messages I’m putting out there to reflect it.
And do you know where this puts me?
Straight into Camp Evolution.
Are you in Camp Evolution?
Camp what now?! If you are a fan of my blog, you’ll know that I’ve been talking about groups of ideal clients as campers!
So now, we’re on to Camp Evolution.
Getting the foundations right
In a recent post called Brand messaging before and after – a tale of transformation, I told you all about some of my ideal clients, who either fall under Camp Try Hard or Camp Try it Tomorrow.
You see, people in both camps are feeling frustrated and stuck.
- My Camp Try Hard guys and gals have tried all the things. But they have ended up feeling frustrated with their own marketing efforts because they didn’t get any results. And they didn’t get any results because their messaging wasn’t working. And their messaging wasn’t working because they didn’t have the clarity they needed.
- My Camp Try it Tomorrow people also feel frustrated and stuck. They’re in a different camp to Camp Try Hard because they haven’t (yet) tried all the things. And they haven’t tried all the things yet because they realise they don’t have clarity on their message to do so. And so they don’t know what steps to take to move forward.
Well, the great news is that I can help these ‘campers’ get the clarity they need to create a message that resonates with and speaks to their ideal clients.
I can help them get the foundations right, so they can get off the starting blocks and move forward in their business without feeling frustrated and stuck anymore.
You see, after working with me, they’re no longer in Camp Try Hard or Camp Try it Tomorrow.
They’ve moved over to Camp Transformation, which, let me tell you, is a great place to be!
(If you feel you might be stuck in Camp Try Hard or Camp Try it Tomorrow, feel free to read the full blog post – you’re going to love it).
Growing, evolving, and pivoting your business
So where does Camp Evolution come in?
Camp Evolution is buzzing with people just like me right now. People who have got to a point in their business where they’re ready to take the next step.
And that next step may look different for different people. It could mean that you want to:
- Work with fewer clients and earn more money.
- Outsource or hire more tasks and scale your business.
- Move from a one-to-one to a one-to-many model.
- Increase your sales.
- Serve a different type of client.
- Or pivot your business completely.
The list could go on.
But what all these entrepreneurs have in common is that change is happening in their businesses.
And when your business is changing, your message needs to change and evolve with it. And for that, you need to get clarity on your evolution, and then build the message.
Because when you think about it, what could happen if it doesn’t?
- Your existing customers and clients may end up feeling totally confused – all of a sudden, you may no longer come across as the obvious choice anymore.
- Or, as you try to reach out to a new set of clients, you may accidentally end up in that in-between stage where you’re no longer speaking the language of your existing clients. And yet, your message isn’t quite resonating with your new clients either.
- You go from that happy place that Camp Transformation was right back to Camp Try Hard or Camp Try it Tomorrow. And I think we all agree that feeling frustrated and stuck isn’t a great place to be!
Join me in Camp Evolution
So let’s just all move over to Camp Evolution together, shall we?
If your business is growing, evolving, changing or pivoting in any way, then you need to be in Camp Evolution.
And we can go there together.
I can help you:
- Get clarity on what your evolution looks like -whether that’s a brand new offering, audience, or pivot
- Make sure your messaging matches the direction your business is heading in.
- Make sure that the words and phrases you share on your website and on your social media resonate with and speak to your ideal clients.
- Create a new messaging matrix and Brand Script Template that fits in with your new business and that you can use in all communication going forward.
We can do all this together.
Because, and I speak from personal experience here, doing it on your own is hard! I call this the Curse of Knowledge. We are all too close to our own businesses to see the wood for the trees sometimes. And talking it all through with someone else (who, in my case, also happens to have over 20 years experience in communication and messaging) is going to help you move over to Camp Evolution without having to go via Camp Try Hard or Camp Try it Tomorrow (that’s a thorny path, you know?).
Supporting you as your business is evolving
So if you want to take your business to the next level, you can work with me on a one-to-one basis, and I will help you walk away with clear, actionable steps and a message that matches your ambition.
Together, we can make sure that as you step up in your business, your messaging steps up with you. In a nutshell, here’s how we do it:
- We look at where you are now and where you want to be.
- We review your current messaging against your future plans and positioning.
- And we look at where we need to evolve and redefine your messaging.
Through working individually with you, I get to know you (or the new you), so I can put you in your brand.
I’ll use my expertise as a brand and communication strategist, and chief light bulb producer, to make sure we position you where you want to be for the future of your growing business, so you can become the obvious choice for your (new) customers and clients.
Because when your messaging is totally on point, you create marketing and sales messages that work.
The routes to Camp Evolution
If your business is evolving, changing, or pivoting, I can support in your journey over to Camp Evolution in two main ways.
- Mentoring. We can work together on a one-to-one basis over a period of time (I recommend 3 to 6 months), and you’ll walk away with the clarity you need and a plan of action to move you from evolving to transformed.
- VIP one-day intensives or Clarity Days. I like to refer to these as a “Spa Day” for your business. You’ll leave totally reinvigorated with a renewed energy for your business. Spend a whole day with me, and I’ll help you get that clarity you need to move forward and sit comfortably in Camp Evolution.
So, which route will you take?
If you’re not sure, why not schedule a FREE 40-minute consultation call with me to find out if you’re a good candidate for Camp Evolution.